Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blessed

Why is it that I question God and wonder what He is doing? He of course knows what He is doing. He knows my needs and my deepest desires. After having Avery, life seemed to be all about 3 little kids, laundry, food, and cleaning. It was not about me, Tim, and my relationship with God. I was also struggling because my hormones were all out of whack from having Avery. I had shots of progesterone when I was pregnant with her for a little over 24 weeks. The shots were stopped when I was 36 weeks pregnant with her. I then had her and my hormones never went back to normal. I didn't really realize it until a couple of months ago. I know I was feeling "different", but chalked it up to being a busy mom with 3 little ones. Long story short, I am now on medicine to regulate my hormones and am feeling MUCH better. What a difference! I was also in need of some me time and some time with God. I am now doing a Beth Moore Bible study through our church and I love it! It gets me out of the house and into the Word. My Mom and Sister offered to watch the girls one night a week for Tim and I to have a date night. Wow....this has been so nice. Just him and I, enjoying a quiet meal and being able to talk! Thank you Mom and Lynn for doing this for us. What a blessing it has been.

I decided to do our mentioning program at our church. They pair the younger women up with a mature lady. I met the lady I was paired up with and was excited to get to know her better. She had me and the girls over for lunch today. It was just what I needed. I had a really good time and have enjoyed getting to know her. She is so sweet and just loved on my kids.

With all of the changes I have mentioned, I feel like a new women. I am enjoying the summer with my kids, enjoying being a wife, and enjoying being me. I still have my moments where I want to pull my hair out and wonder which end is up. There are dishes in my sink, laundry piled up, things to be taken back to the store, and the list goes on and on.

I am blessed. Blessed to have an incredible husband. Blessed to have 3 darling little girls. Blessed to be a member of a wonderful church. Blessed to have a wonderful family. Blessed to worship and serve my Savior. I am blessed.

No comments: